Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Pro 6430 All-in-One Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

Help!

I removed the printer rollers etc to clear a paper jam. In all the black top but, the roller cartridge and a small white screen about 20 cm came off too…

now I can’t fit it together. The roller cartridge won’t bed down. Help please. I’m going mad!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Sue-9909,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've partially disassembled your HP Envy Pro 6430 printer while attempting to clear a paper jam. Let's try to troubleshoot and reassemble it step by step:

1. Gather Parts:

• Collect all the parts you removed, including the roller cartridge, the black top cover, and the small white screen.

2. Examine Parts:

• Carefully inspect each part to ensure there is no damage. Look for any broken tabs, clips, or other components.

3. Align and Reattach Black Top Cover:

• Position the black top cover over the main body of the printer, ensuring that it aligns correctly with the corresponding slots and tabs.
  • Gently press down on the cover until it snaps into place securely.

4. Reinstall Roller Cartridge:

• Insert the roller cartridge back into its slot inside the printer.
  • Ensure that it slides in smoothly and securely. You may need to apply gentle pressure to seat it properly.

5. Reattach Small White Screen:

• Locate where the small white screen fits within the printer assembly.
  • Carefully place it back into its slot, ensuring that it aligns correctly and sits flush with the surrounding components.

6. Test Printer:

• Once all parts are reattached, power on the printer and perform a test print to ensure that everything is functioning correctly.
  • Check for any error messages or unusual noises during the printing process.

7. Refer to Manual or Online Resources:

• Consult the printer's user manual or look for online resources, such as assembly guides or video tutorials, that may provide additional assistance with reassembly.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.