Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro MFP M477fdw
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

We have a M477fdw attached to our office wireless network.

When printing, especially when trying to print large Powerpoint or pdf files, it often happens that the print does not work. It seems from the computer that printing is going as normal, but nothing comes out, or sometimes, only a few pages comes out. The printer is dispplaying that printis is ongoing for some time, then it says Cannot print - File is corrupt.

Printing the same file on other printers goes without problem.

My colleagues that use Windows do not have these problem, but all three of us using Macs experience this.

Sometimes it has helped to cut the power to the printer and restart, but not always.

The printer is brand new. We did not experience this the first week of using the printer, but thereafter it happens all the time.

Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hey,

I'm having the same exact problem as you. I have the MFP M277dw. Occassionally, it has trouble printing large PDFs so I have to break them down into sections...which I find ridiculous. Today, I can't get it to print past page 2 of any document. The "corrupt file" message appeared, as well. I'm at a loss. 😐 

HP Recommended

I'm having this problem as well. I have the MPF M477. In my case, it gives me the "Cannot Print File is Corrupt" message with pdf and word documents that have my logo in them. If I remove the logo, it works fine. It was printing the logo perfectly well initially. It also worked once after I powered the printer down and then turned it back on. Can a moderator gives a hand here?

HP Recommended

Hey there, 

HP posted a solution for me on another thread. Here is the link:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/LaserJet-MFP-M277dw-Printing-Issue/td-p/5553146

I never tried them because I figured out what was going wrong with my printer. It was due to a setup configuration in my Macbook's system preferences. Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

What was the change you made to system preferences?  I suspect that is where my problem is too.  When I am printing a pdf out of Preview, the get the "file is corrupt" error.  But the same file, I can print sucessfully using Adobe.

HP Recommended

What were the system preferences changes you implemented?

HP Recommended

Did not solve my problem.

What was the system pref changes?

HP Recommended

What is the solution?

HP Recommended

I too am still looking for a solution.  Using Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.3

I about to buy a different printer!!!  Not an HP

HP Recommended

Same issue here from OSX El Capitan.

I tried removing the printer and setting it back up, this time chaning from the default "Secure AirPrint" to "HP Laserjet Pro MFP....." which I'm presuming is HP's driver (it downloaded an item when I selected that)...

Well now it went from printing nothing to prining a page that reads as the following:

----------------------------

ERROR: undefined

OFFENDING COMMAND: image

STACK:

-dictionary-

-----------------------------

Well crud, seemed like a nice printer, but I guess it's not.  Wish I read about all these issues before buying it.  At least I discoverd this on day one so it won't be an issue returning it and getting a different brand.  I guess HP is no longer the printer leader.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.