cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status..
valview
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 won't print in color

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to print in color. I can get a full color TEST PAGE through HP troubleshooting, but when I print a document I've created (QUICKEN, WORD, EXCEL, etc.) it will not be in color. From other messages I see on your site, this appears to be a common problem. 

TWICE I have gone through the instructions for getting color cartridges to work properly:  removing the printer, then going through the process to download drivers, etc. TWICE I have done this, and the printer will print just fine in color for a day or two, and I think, OK, I've got it working again. But then suddenly it will be back to only printing in black. 

Just this week, I had successfully gone through your instructions and I was able to get reports printed in color. That was Monday... everything working fine. Tuesday morning, the first couple of things I printed were perfectly in color. But then, having not done anything to change the setup, and after printing a document that was only black, the next thing I printed did not print in color!! 

CAN YOU IMAGINE MY FRUSTRATION AT THIS POINT? I need assistance here quickly before I toss this piece of junk out onto the street! 

1 REPLY 1
valview
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have not heard from anyone about this issue of not being able to print in color! 

Come on, HP, PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation