Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Has HP discontinued support for this Printer? Office Jet Pro 8600    I am no longer able to use the E-print  and Apps features.  Every thing shows my printer is connected correctly, but when I downloaded the new firmware update OJP8600_N911a_2011A.exe  it would not let me select my printer for the update.

WHY?

Is there a fix for this other than buying a new printer?

This is a lousy thing HP has done!

No responses to previously posted questions about this.

HP please explain and offer some help to your loyal customers!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@JustNana123

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try updating the firmware from your Computer: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Do you get any error regarding the e-print?

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I stated, I downloaded this firmware, but it will not allow me to select my printer to install.   The message says:  Version CKP 1CN1829AR  Status: Not Applicable

I am asking if HP has ended support of ePrint for this model  Office Jet Pro 8600 Plus all in one Printer N911.

Any other hints for me?

HP Recommended

No it has not. Are you able to copy from the Printer?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I can copy and fax and print to the printer.  Everything else works.. Just cannot update the firmware and use the eprint service.  I receive emails telling me the document was received for eprint but it does not print.    Can this be escalated to find a solution?  The printer shows it has wireless connection. 

It just will not let me do the update as mentioned in previous posts and it does not print the eprint messages.  I see others with this problem.   The printer is out of warranty could that be the reason I can't do the update?

This is very frustrating.  It's a great printer/scan/fax/copy machine but there are times I really would like to use the eprint service and it is not working.

HP Recommended

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

To others in the community, this is not a valid solution. DO NOT do this. 

to Betty:Betty, I am not sure you are fully aware of the situation, and I am afraid your advice is not going to help, but rather make things worse.

This is evidently a known issue and HP is working on a fix.  I am surprised you did not know this , or at least find the information and pass it on to me and the group.

HP Recommended

It resets the Printer so it would even remove the latest firmware download.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is there a solution for this yet?>

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.