Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to enable WebSerivices on my printer, but no success.
I would like to use ePrint.

I did update my firmware to most recent one:

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer series (Product Nr CZ045A)

Firmware 1830A - ELM1CN1830AR

In EWS:
- before the firmware update I faced the message "Unable to contact the update services".
- after firmware update I have no such notification, but still have: "Web Services is not enabled." and unable to turn it on.
In printer display I'm still having "Unable to connect to WebServices" (before and after firmware update)
The network connection is fine. Wifi enabled, ip auto and manually set tested.
I also tried to use some proxies, but no success.
I also performed the full printer reset.

Is there any chance to fix it? Or maybe hp disabled some services for such printers (treated as obsolete)?

I like this printer and it works perfectly fine.
I definitely don't like the idea of replacing the printer because of HP politics.

Robert
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @ramir3z,

I'd like to help!

I understand  you're unable to enable web services on your printer

Try the below suggestions -

Restart the computer, printer, and router

To resolve any connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.

NOTE: 

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.

Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.

Turn off the printer.

Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.

Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

Turn on the printer.

Turn on the computer.

Try to turn on Web Services.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Let's disable webservices and re-enable it

--->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address

--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP

---> click on webservices and remove webservices and re-enable it

If the issue persists,

Check the Internet proxy server settings

For networks that use proxy servers, update the Web Services settings in the printer EWS with the proxy information.

Locate the Internet proxy settings.

Windows: Search Windows for Internet, and then click Internet Options in the list of results. On the Internet Properties window, click the Connections tab, select your network, if necessary, and then click Settings.
The network settings menu displays with the proxy settings.
From the EWS, click the Web Services tab, and then click Proxy Settings.

Type the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection, and then click Apply.

Try to turn on Web Services.

Update the printer firmware

HP regularly releases printer updates. Updating the printer firmware might resolve the issue.

Refer -- HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

You may refer to -Cannot Connect to Web Services

Hope this helps, Keep me posted!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for your response.

Restart the computer, printer, and router  - I did that several times.
Let's disable webservices and re-enable it - I can't, because the webservices are disabled and after attempt to enable it  
Check the Internet proxy server settings  - I do not use any proxy, the printer is attached to the same network as any other of my home devices. I also tried to use external proxy server, but it didn't work either.
I also opened ports on my router to test if I can reach the printer directly from internet using different internet provider. Successfully. So I assume that the printer also shouldn't have the issue with the internet access.
I'm not able to test the hp servers, because I don't know the addresses. I would do the ping at least.
Update the printer firmware - I did. I used the latest available firmware I could find  (from hp download page)

Robert
HP Recommended

Try the additional steps -

Update the router firmware

Outdated router firmware might affect performance, cause security issues, or prevent the router from accessing the internet.

Refer -https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/ish_4152459-4016255-16

If the issue persists, Restore factory defaults on your HP printer

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

I also susspected that the service is no longer available fo my printer:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_3579171-3502855-16

But my printer is not listed there.

Robert
HP Recommended

I have 3 routers. Tried it already.
But I also found:
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mobile-Printing-Cloud-Printing/Can-t-enable-WEB-Services-on-my-HP-Phot...

This is the most dishonest thing HP could do. Turning off running services because the printer, although still functioning sensational, becomes too old 😞

Thank you for all your efforts.

Robert
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer is not a part of the list of printers.

Please check again.

HP Recommended

ouh, I pasted the wrong link.
I was referring to this post:
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mobile-Printing-Cloud-Printing/Can-t-enable-WEB-Services-on-my-HP-Phot...

Someone found and gave a reference to a similar HP article and clearly gave the model 7520. Unfortunately, the link to the article does not work, so I was not able to verify it myself, but I trust he was not lying.

Robert
HP Recommended

I understand.

As HP does not have documentation that the printer does not support webservices.

I'd recommend you contact the HP Phone Support team for further assistance so they can remote into the computer try and resolve this.

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Thank, Jay

Robert
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.