Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520

My Photosmart 7520 is no longer connecting to Web Services when I try and scan a document.  However, it does receive print instructions from my laptop wirelessly.  I've rebooted my router, unplugged the printer multiple times, reset the wireless settings to default and re-entered my wireless network password 2 times.  The device shows a wireless connection but scanning absolutely does not work.  As I use this printer primarily for scanning documents, this is now pretty useless to me.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? The standard HP instructions are not resulting in any resolution.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@garyrgreenstein 

Please try again using the following Guide

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/document/c05329102

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have tried the instructions that HP has recommended multiple times and still no luck.  I still get the message "Unable to connect to Web Services".

The strange this is that when I go to the 192.168.xx.xx for the printer, I see the following

Connection Status:  Connected on the Network tab

When I click on the Web Services tab I get a green check that says I'm connected to ePrint.  I don't see  any message for Web Services.  

Do I need to "Remove Web Services" and start again?  

This is incredibly annoying and makes the printer pretty useless for what I often use it for.  

HP Recommended

So I reset the wireless settings to default on the printer and reconnected the machine to my network.  I printed the Wireless Network Test Results and the Wireless On, Wireless Working and Signal Quality were Pass, Pass, and Excellent.  Connectivity was Pass.  Network Name (SSID) Found was Pass.  

Everything was a pass but I am still unable to connect to Web Services.  Any ideas?  

HP Recommended

So my HP connectivity issues have returned. For the span of two days I was able to get my HP 7520 printer to scan documents and email them again but I'm back to the unable to connect to Web Services messages again.  I've rebooted my router, unplugged the printer, re-entered my network password, and nothing.  The printer will not connect.  However, it will receive wireless print instructions so it is connected to my home network to receive transmissions.  It is just not sending transmissions.  This seems to be a recurring issue that HP is having and I'm curious as to whether this may be intentional to drive new sales.  I otherwise am without an explanation for why this keeps happening.  And if someone at HP is considering sending me the "Guide" on how to reconnect, save your time.  I've done that multiple times. and my printer will, as noted above, receive wireless instructions. It will not send instructions, however.  This will likely be the last HP printer I will purchase as the amount of time spent on trying to solve what should be a simple problem just isn't worth it.  

Recommendation to HP - fix your products and fix your support and come up with better solutions to address customer problems. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.