Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Envy Photo 6234
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Had my printer a while now, did vow never to buy another HP Printer as they are just too complicated.  I have always had a problem with having to turn it on and off between print jobs, but as I am not that prolific, was just an annoyance - I now read however I should have had a repair or replacement, too late for that now.

I recently  re-installed Windows 10 with a fresh install and have had to re-install all the software for my printer.   This has proved to be an absolute nightmare and after two weekends, and evenings in between, I still have major problems.

One Drive is telling me that there are 5 files from HP on my desktop that will not sync, these are all the extra things that I will never want to do with my printer.

However, more annoying, I cannot scan from my computer, I have gone through both the wireless setup from the printer, and the ethernet set up via the computer, and these either do not recognise the printer, or say set up is successful, but it still does not work.

It used to work, all be it problematically from time to time, but this is just a nightmare now.   I have followed all suggestions, apart from re-installing Windows again, re-booted everything in the house, router, computer, printer etc.    My Wi Fi is fine, and the printer appears to set up to it, and the Test Page is Fine, but it just does not work!!

A couple of times I have gone to bed, only to find that next morning, the floor is full of pages I have tried to print, so I just don't know where to go from here.

Unless I get it working within the next day or two I really will just give up with HP Printers they are just so **bleep** temperamental and difficult to use.

Is there anything more I can do,  I have re-installed the printers drivers five times now, each attempt throwing up differing problem, some of which I cannot even see how they relate to my printer as although the series name is the same, sometimes the diagram is of what appears to be a large laser printer!!

This is my last hope, I would like to get it working as I have just paid out nearly £80 for new ink cartridges as well!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

err - 'bleep' - that was in no way a bad word, thanks for making look bad!!!!

HP Recommended

@Amicipat

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues printing from your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you root uninstall the printer and then reinstall it and check whether the issue is resolved.

Here is how it is done.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.