Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 4152e All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The top came down hard on the scanner glass top and seems to have knocked the printer connection to my laptop off line.  This is the second time in a few weeks that the printer and laptop have been disconnected.  The first time came when we had to replace the modem and router.  That first time a friend resolved the problem eventually.  I think she may have downloaded the software from the Internet to get things working again?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @wcraff,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your HP DeskJet 4152e printer. If the printer is not syncing up with your computer, there could be several reasons for this problem. Let's go through some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue.

• Check Physical Connections: Ensure that the printer is properly connected to your computer via a USB cable or connected to the same Wi-Fi network if it's a wireless printer.
  • Printer Power: Make sure the printer is turned on and has sufficient power.
  • Restart Devices: Sometimes, a simple restart of both the computer and the printer can resolve connection issues.
  • Printer Driver: Ensure that the correct printer driver is installed on your computer. You can visit the HP website and download the latest driver for your specific printer model.
  • Printer Queue: Check the printer queue on your computer to see if there are any pending print jobs that might be causing issues.
  • Firewall/Antivirus: Temporarily disable any firewall or antivirus software on your computer as they might be blocking the printer communication.
  • Check Wi-Fi Connection: If it's a wireless printer, check if the printer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer. You may need to reconfigure the printer's Wi-Fi settings.
  • Reset Network Settings: If the printer is wireless, you can try resetting the printer's network settings and set it up again.
  • HP Print and Scan Doctor: HP provides a free diagnostic tool called "HP Print and Scan Doctor" that can automatically diagnose and resolve common printer issues. Download and run this tool from the HP website to see if it can identify and fix the problem.
  • Update Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer on the HP website. Updating the printer's firmware can sometimes resolve connectivity issues.
  • Different USB Port or Cable: If you are using a USB connection, try using a different USB port on your computer or a different USB cable to rule out any issues with the port or cable.
  • Try on Another Computer: If possible, try connecting the printer to another computer to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is with the printer or the computer.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.