Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Professional CP1525nw Color Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to set up the wifi on the printer. I have been told through searches that the HP smart should be able to do it but it does not detect the printer on my computer> I have also read that I need the installation cd but I have not been able to find one to order. I would really like to be able to use this printer through wifi instead of having to leave connected by usb cable.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Smart is intended for newer printer models and not for your printer.

From its Setup menu look for Network Settings and there Restore the network defaults.

From your PC download and install the latest software below by selecting a wireless connection and follow the steps on screen to connect the printer to the wireless network, you might be prompt to temporarily connect a USB cable to configure the wireless connection for the printer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL61577/lj-148691-1/CP1520series_nw_full_solution.exe

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

This did not work. Tried it more than once always stops at 15 % 0n the install of the wireless application. Thanks. I will just use it as a wired printer for now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.