Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 6950

Hello,
I have an Officejet 6950 and I have used it with Instant Ink service, but I have cancelled this subscription few months ago because I have a job and I print at work.

Today, I want to give this printer to my mother, and associate it to her InstantInk account. But my problem is here: her InstantInk account ask me the activation code from the printer, and I can't print the ePrint configuration page because I don't have any cartridge on this printer (I have return all to HP).

Can I have this code with an other way? Or, if I just buy a black cartridge, could it print this page?

Very cordially,
Zacharie TG

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Fanordi, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are not able to generate the claim code as you do not have ink cartridges.

For printers with control panel displays, you can still get the printer claim code by pressing the HP ePrint icon on the control panel display and selecting Set Up or Yes to enable Web Services. Your printer attempts to print a page. If Web Services are already enabled on your printer, you see a Web Services Summary screen after pressing the HP ePrint icon. If enabled, press Print or Print Info to print the Printer Info Page. Even though you cannot print the page, the action of enabling Web Services or pressing Print or Print Info activates your claim code. Find your HP ePrint email address on the control panel display. Press the ePrint icon again if the Web Services Summary screen goes away. The first part of the HP ePrint address preceding "@hpeprint.com" is your claim code. For example, if your HP ePrint email is "abc@hpeprint.com", then "abc" is your claim code.

Make sure you have deleted this printer from your Instant Ink account.

P.s: installing only a black ink cartridge will not allow you to print. It needs all 4 ink cartridges to be able to print.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Fanordi, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are not able to generate the claim code as you do not have ink cartridges.

For printers with control panel displays, you can still get the printer claim code by pressing the HP ePrint icon on the control panel display and selecting Set Up or Yes to enable Web Services. Your printer attempts to print a page. If Web Services are already enabled on your printer, you see a Web Services Summary screen after pressing the HP ePrint icon. If enabled, press Print or Print Info to print the Printer Info Page. Even though you cannot print the page, the action of enabling Web Services or pressing Print or Print Info activates your claim code. Find your HP ePrint email address on the control panel display. Press the ePrint icon again if the Web Services Summary screen goes away. The first part of the HP ePrint address preceding "@hpeprint.com" is your claim code. For example, if your HP ePrint email is "abc@hpeprint.com", then "abc" is your claim code.

Make sure you have deleted this printer from your Instant Ink account.

P.s: installing only a black ink cartridge will not allow you to print. It needs all 4 ink cartridges to be able to print.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, 

thank you very much for your answer. 

In fact, I have deleted my web services and configured it again for my mother. So I have a new default e-mail address. 

The printer is at my mother’s house, so I will try this week-end and say you if you have resolved my problem. 

Very cordially. 

I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

@Fanordi

Sure, let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,
I am very sorry, I was forbidden to tell you. It is appers to be working, we are waiting Instant Ink cartridges!

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

@Fanordi

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. You may track the shipment on your Instant Ink account home page. 

Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.