Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Laser jet pro MFP M29w. For some unknown reason it became disconnected from my wifi network. I have an Eero router that doesn't have a WPS button. How can I reconnect my printer to my wifi network?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @catfishwhiskers ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your router doesn't have a WPS button, you can still connect your HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w printer to your Wi-Fi network manually. 

Here's how you can do it:

Prepare Your Network Information:

• You'll need your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password. If you don't know these details, you can usually find them on a sticker on your router.

Printer Setup:

• Make sure your printer is turned on.
  • On the printer control panel, press the "Wireless" or "Settings" button. Navigate to the "Network" or "Wireless" menu.

Connect to Wi-Fi Network:

• Select "Wireless Setup Wizard" or a similar option on the printer's display.
  • Follow the on-screen prompts to select your Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks.
  • Enter your Wi-Fi password when prompted. Use the printer's keypad to input the password.
  • Once entered, the printer will attempt to connect to the network.

Verify Connection:

• After entering the password, the printer will attempt to connect to the Wi-Fi network. It may take a moment.
  • Once connected, print a wireless network test report from the printer's control panel to confirm the connection. This will ensure that your printer is successfully connected to the Wi-Fi network.

Test Printing:

• Print a test page from your computer or device connected to the same Wi-Fi network to ensure that the printer is working correctly.

Refer to this document: HP LaserJet Pro MFP M29w Printer

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.