Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
ENVY 6032
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I bought an ENVY 6032 printer a week or so ago, and used 123.hp.com to set it up to my wifi from my wifes pc. Once we had solved a problem with her pc and the router, it worked perfectly. I then tried to set my pc up so that I could also use her printer should I need it. That seems to have wrecked the connection between the router and the printer.

I have tried following the instructions to recover the situation, but no success. It states that if you have already used 123.hp.com, do the following...... so that is what I tried, but the instructions take me to a place that my pc doesn't go to. I have found other instructions, which included pressing the wifi button at the back of the printer - no success. I have tried WPS on my router and then pressing the wifi button at the back of the printer - no success. Is there another wifi button that I haven't discovered yet? The paperwork with the printer isn't very helpful, and certainly no use to solve problems. The router indicates that the printerMAC Address is on the list of 'Allowed' devices that are not detectable at the moment.

Any suggestions please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have 'solved' this particular problem, so no need to reply. I've taken the printer back to the supplier, who were unable to solve the problem, so they gave me my money back, and I bought another printer (HP ENVY 6234). That is now up and running, but so far only from my wifes pc.

I still have to figure a way to use it from my own pc. Any ideas?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have 'solved' this particular problem, so no need to reply. I've taken the printer back to the supplier, who were unable to solve the problem, so they gave me my money back, and I bought another printer (HP ENVY 6234). That is now up and running, but so far only from my wifes pc.

I still have to figure a way to use it from my own pc. Any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.