Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
macOS 12.0 Monterey

hi there

recently I update home internet to 5g. my HP photosmart 5520 not work after that. I tried to connect to the mode, but connection failed

anyone have same issue, please advise what to do. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@pop47k wrote:

hi there

recently I update home internet to 5g. my HP photosmart 5520 not work after that. I tried to connect to the mode, but connection failed

anyone have same issue, please advise what to do. 

The following recommendations are still good

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/HP-Photosmart-5520-Keeps-on-dropping-Intern...

In addition, see if your modem can find the "best" 2.4ghz channel

For example, click on "Find Best..."

BeemerBiker_0-1679119831572.png

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

thank you

I tried, but still not work, maybe its time to change printer. as maybe not support 5g modem.

HP Recommended

Make sure your modem has a different SSID for the 2.4 ghz and the 5ghz band.

Protocol for the 2.4 needs to be wpa or wpa2

I am not Mac savvy.  I suspect the printer AND the Mac connect to the modem through WiFi and not to each other like "AirDrop"

You might first use USB connection to ensure the correct printer drivers are loaded

HP Recommended

I did that as well, it didnt work. yes, my mac normally connect to the printer wireless. since the printer is offline, cant print anything. so I called HP customer support and they told me my printer not support 5 G modem so I have to buy new printer. thanks again. 

HP Recommended

@pop47k wrote:

I did that as well, it didnt work. yes, my mac normally connect to the printer wireless. since the printer is offline, cant print anything. so I called HP customer support and they told me my printer not support 5 G modem so I have to buy new printer. thanks again. 

Sorry to hear about that.  Frequently it is expedient to recommend getting a new device rather than explain how to make something work with an older device.

Can you provide a link to the 5g device? For example the Verizon 5g specs states:

The new Verizon Router is a triband Wi-Fi 6E device, which means that it can connect over the recently opened, ultra-wide 6GHz band as well as the usual 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. 

I suspect the Verizon can easily work with your printer is uses the older 2.4ghz band.

Out of curiosity, do you get better streaming services with 5g?  

HP Recommended

5g a bit better, it still can drop out sometimes, but faster compare with NBN

thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.