Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
m1536dnf
Other

My printer is M1536dnf, which I have networked. I am running MacOS 12.1, which is the latest version of the macOS system. I am able to print just fine via macOS.

My work uses Citrix Workspace for a virtual desktop (Windows) that features remote printing (i.e. to a home printer) via a tool called Tricerat Screwdrivers. I am able to print from Citrix to my networked Brother printer without issue. But when I go to print via my HP M1536dnf, the following happens:

--The print queue fires up in MacOS, and I can see in that queue the filename of the file I am trying to print.

--The status indicates that I am "Connected" to the printer, but it then says "Print job was not accepted."

I have tried virtually everything I can think of. Resetting the print system (in MacOS). Re-adding the printer. Using HP Smart to diagnose/fix. 

I am out of ideas. I am stumped. 

If I can't get this fixed, I'm disconnecting the printer and buying another printer. It won't be an HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.