Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro MFP M148fdw
macOS 10.12 Sierra

New modem, need to reconnect printer to the network.

I CANNOT FIND WHERE ON THE PRINTER IT LETS ME CHOOSE MY NETWORK AND ENTER A PASSWORD

I've used this printer for two years, I don't remember any issues setting it up the first time. It's as iff this option has disappeared on the printer!

STEPS I'VE TAKEN ALREADY: 

I keep reading everywhere to press the "Wireless" button (the antenna w/ the little parenthesis symbols on the side) and then choose "Settings". However, "Settings" never appears as an option!

Pressing "Wireless" gets me: 

"Turn Wireless On/Off"

"Wireless Band Frequency"

"Wi-Fi Protected Setup"

"Run Wireless Test"

but NEVER "Settings"

If I hold the Wireless Button for a few seconds, it says "Connecting..." and a two-minute timer starts, but nothing ever connects.

When I press the button with the little wrench symbol, which is often a symbol for Settings, I get:

"Fax Phonebook"

"Fax Functions"

"HP Web Services"

"Reports"

"Self Diagnostics"

How do I get it to look for the new modem/router network and ask for a password?????

Laser Jet Pro MFP M148fdw

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Migantgue

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.