Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP envy 5055
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So my cable company gave me a new router and I have been able to connect every device in my home to it except my printer (Envy 5055). My printer is able to locate my router but when I select it to connect to it will never ask for my network password and so it fails to connect every time.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Bsnead, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To reconfigure the printer, follow the steps from the document HP Printers - No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change.

Additionally, refer to the document Connect to a Wireless HP Printer for help.

If you still have issues, use the guided troubleshooter Troubleshooting | Wireless Printing Center for instruction to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, I did start trying this process when I originally tried to connect. The problem occurs on step seven where I am supposed to put in my network password. My printer never asks me for it. All I see is:

Network: (name of my WiFi)

Security: No encryption

OK

Pressing “OK” just goes To a loading bar saying connecting which thinks for a minute or two and then says “Unable to connect to the network. Touch “Retry” to connect again”. Retrying doesn’t help just gives me the same issue. And this is where I am stuck since I cannot put in my password I of course cannot connect to my network.

HP Recommended

@Bsnead

Looks like your network does not have a security password and is open for connection.

Contact your ISP and set up a password for the network and then try connecting the printer.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No, my router does require a password. Every other device in my house that I connected to it I have used the password and it works fine. The problem is that my printer is not allowing a password to even be entered so it auto failed to connect.

HP Recommended

@Bsnead, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To reconfigure the printer, follow the steps from the document HP Printers - No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change.

Additionally, refer to the document Connect to a Wireless HP Printer for help.

If you still have issues, use the guided troubleshooter Troubleshooting | Wireless Printing Center for instruction to isolate and resolve the issue.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I understand you’re trying to help, so I appreciate that. However if you see my previous messages I noted that I’ve already tried these steps. The directions fail on step seven when I should put in my wireless password however my printer does not ask me for it. I have unplugged the router and tried other connections just to make sure and they do all ask for a password which I enter and the device then connects. Everything except for the printer.

HP Recommended

@Bsnead

Have you tried alternate connection methods from the document Connect to a Wireless HP Printer?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I have tried the alternative methods also but I cannot get my printer to connect to my wireless after the change 

HP Recommended

@Bsnead

Further, print a Wireless Network Test Report-

Go to HP Customer Support, select your printer model, and then search for "Printing Self-Test Pages." Print a Wireless Network Test Report, and then follow any instructions on the report to troubleshoot wireless connectivity problems. For more information, go to Using a Wireless Network Test Report.

Share a copy of the report here for isolating the issue.

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.