Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9018 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP OfficeJet 9010 series printer/scanner won't connect to Web Services or Instant Ink, which I have already subscribed to with the same printer.

When trying to enable WebServices, I keep getting the message on screen: 

"The printer was unable to connect to the Web Services server because the server might be busy or temporarily unavailable. However, the printer will try to connect again."

Signing in to the HP Instant Ink site shows the following notification:

"Printer Connection Lost! You must re-enable Web Services on your printer and add it back to your HP Connected account to continue printing with HP Instant Ink."

I am able to print from my computer and scan to a network folder, both when using Ethernet and when using WiFi.

I have tried power-cycling the printer, computer, and router together for several minutes, but the problem persists.

Please help fix this problem. Thank you.

Young Huh
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@younghuh

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's remove and add web services:

To remove Web Services using the printer control panel 1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings). 2. Touch Remove Web Services.

To set up Web Services using the printer control panel 1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ). 2. Touch Web Services Setup . 3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services. 4. On the screen that appears, touch OK to allow the printer to automatically check for product updates.

NOTE: If prompted for proxy settings and if your network uses proxy settings, follow the onscreen instructions to set up a proxy server. If you do not have the proxy details, contact your network administrator or the person who set up the network. 5. If the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select one of the options. 6. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, but the directions didn't work. After removing and then trying to add Web Services, the printer's screen still shows the error message:

"The printer was unable to connect to

the Web Services service because the

server might be busy or temporarily

unavailable. However, the printer will

try to connect again." 

The printer then printed a page with a Printer Code.

After signing-in to my HP Connected account for Instant Ink, when I enter the Printer Code, I get the error message: 

"Unable to connect to the printer.
Check your connection and try again later.

Synced Feb 23, 2022 7:58 AM"

I have tried the above steps, multiple times, and have tried power-cycling the router, computer, and printer together, but the results are still unsuccessful. The printer prints from the printer and scans to a network folder successfully. The printer also responds to ping commands from the computer.

Please help me connect my printer to Web Services again.

Young Huh
HP Recommended

Let's reset the network settings on the Printer: Touch Network Setup. Touch Restore Network Settings. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored. Touch Yes.

Once done, connect the to the Wi-Fi: 1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch (Wireless). 2. Touch ( Settings ). 3. Touch Wireless Settings. 4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup. 5. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have followed your directions to reset the network settings and then tried to enable Web Services, but the printer still shows the error message:

try to connect again." 

Please help me solve this specific problem.

Young Huh
HP Recommended

Try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4152459-4016255-16

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After following those suggestions (again), the screen still shows:

try to connect again." 

Is there a way for me to connect with technical support via phone or chat?

Please help me fix this problem.

Young Huh
HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the communities page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.