Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 9010 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer has suddenly lost any functionality related to printing wirelessly.  There are no menu options related to wireless printing (except wireless direct, which is enabled) and the printer is requesting an ethernet cable.

I have tried all the steps that have been recommended by the Virtual Agent.  Since this is a wireless issue, the HP Print and Scan Doctor and HP Smart cannot see the printer so they are worthless.

The HP Network Configuration page states that the wireless function has been disabled.  I'm not sure how or why this has happened.  I have seen 2 posts with no solution.  If anybody has found a solution, please post it here.  Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @akoztx,

I'd like to help!

We can perform a factory defaults on the printer to resolve the issue

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @akoztx,

I'd like to help!

We can perform a factory defaults on the printer to resolve the issue

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

That worked!  Thank you!

HP Recommended

@akoztx That's awesome, I'm glad it worked,

Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue - tried the Diagnostic tool (useless), downloaded new firmware nothing works, soft reset, hard reset... This printer is like 6 months old and it already needs updates to be able to do 1 thing it needs to do??? Is this a known issue and why is there no fix available online?

HP Recommended

I completely agree!  There was no where to find the solution online.  The fix for me was basically setting it back to factory.  I've pasted it below.  I hope it works for you!

Let's perform a semi-full reset on the printer, the reset will restore the printer to default settings.

• Press the Power button to turn the Printer On. 
  • Press BL, BL, BL, BL (Bottom left icon. The “return” icon which may not be highlighted (the u-turn arrow). Look very closely to find it and tap on it 4 times), in sequence. 
  • Touch Support Menu. 
  • Select Resets Menu and Touch OK. 
  • Select Semi-Full Reset and Touch OK. 
  •  Wait for the unit to Power Down/Turn Off.
  • Press the Power button to turn the Printer ON
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.