Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I have deleted my printer and now it will NOT reinstall.   At least I don't get the incessant malware messages anymore, but I have no printer now.  

HP Recommended

Glad the solution helped you -- sadly, it doesn't work for my older printer of the 1350 series...  still works great after all these years, but the young whippersnappers are telling it to crawl off & die.  Not amusing.
Be well ....

HP Recommended

Still does not work

HP Recommended

The solution given here did not work for me (but wait, there's good news coming!!). My printer is old: HP LaserJet 2100M for which HP no longer has a specific driver. Even though I received the message on my iMac2017 computer, it would print but on my wife's MacBook Pro, it would not. I deleted the printer and reinstalled, but same happened. As a lark, though, when reinstalling rather than choosing the printer that appeared in the dialog box, I told it to choose a generic postscript printer instead. THAT WORKED!!! (I'll have to try the same trick with my old HP scanner for which there's no updated driver.)

HP Recommended

I need my printer back.

HP Recommended

This worked like a treat to me.

1. Go to printer - printers & scanners - Click the minus sign on the left side to delete the existing printer. Click Yes when prompts for delete 

2. Use this link https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US to download the HP Printer Drivers. Install it 

3. Again Open printers & scanners - Click the + sign to add the installed new version of printer

Thats it ! Now the printer will work like a charm. Atleast this helped me ☺️

HP Recommended

Thank you.  Tried that twice, did not work.  At this point for this type of printer, I will never buy an HP printer again.  Plus they sent me the wrong cartridges.  It has been only problems since their latest upgrades.  Not interested in using their products or services ever again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.