Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have the HP Office Jet 5740. It is no longer in warranty (bought in 2016). Tried printing this am and keep getting a pop-up saying HPDeviceMonitoring.framework" will damage my computer (Apple MAC). Called Apple and they said it was an HP issue which he could not help me with, although tried a number of things and nothing worked. He did mention he had a number of calls yesterday reporting the same issues. 

Please help....I do not know how to resolve this issue. 

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with Hp Envy 5640 printer on Catalina 10.15. Contacted Apple who were unable to resolve the issue referring me to HP. Scanned with Malwarebytes but nothing found. Reset printer and managed to get it working with AirPrint however "HP Device Monitoring Framework will damage your computer" pop up still appears. Also HP utility has stopped working. Any Solutions?

HP Recommended

I'm wondering if I uninstall the printer and re-install if that would help. I'm almost at the point where I go out and purchase a new printer but not even sure if that would help. 

HP Recommended

I had the same issue with my HP Laserjet 3020. I am using a Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 Just noted last night. same issues, using the printer could damage computer, possible malware alert with download date unknown.  seemed to be disconnected from. WIFI.  Apple was unable to resolve & reported having others with HP issues.  Recommended I contact HP.  Has anyone gotten help that resolved the he issue? 

HP Recommended

HP ENVY Phto 7800 printer.  using a wireless connectuion with my MackBook Pro computer. I got the message: 

“HPDeviceMonitoring.framework” will damage your computer."  The message won't go away.  It has no red button to click.

HP Recommended

Same thing with my envy 7640

HP Recommended

Seeing the same issue on an OfficeJet Pro 8710 with Catalina 10.15.

I guess either HP or Apple have updated something and this issue is a manifestation of poor release process. One of them haven't fully tested the release. I think my money might be on Apple having added tighter security without fully evaluating the impact.

Unfortunately this issue has now turned my HP installation into Malware reducing my mac experience as I have to navigate past the popup 😥

HP Recommended

Also seeing this - it is clearly a "false positive", ie the Apple anti malware engine seeing this app as a virus.

One way to resolve this is by turning off System Integrity Protection.

Obviously in so doing you are exposing yourself to potential malware. But if you know what you are doing it is definitely working and restores the functionality.

HP Recommended

I just saw this on an Apple Forum for what it is worth. I have no idea what it means or what the links do, so I'm sharing this to see if anyone has the expertise to explain what I'm sharing. I'm a user, not a technician!

From an Apple ForumFrom an Apple Forum

HP Recommended

Looks like my photo won't show up on my last post, so here is the text I found on the Apple Forum. I didn't want to click on the links.

Again, is anyone out there with the expertise to explain what this means?

This is due to an outdated signing signature on the HP software.

Ref:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.