Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Printer Office Jet 3831
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when sending a print task via Wi-Fi it shows the code: 0x00000709. However scanning is working! A few times I updated the driver but still it is not working. What can I do? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Reval_22

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting a 0x00000709 error, I am glad to assist you.

Try to change the default printer value in the registry key and check if it helps.

Registry Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756.

a) Click on Start.
b) Type regedit in the start search and click Enter.
c) Move to the location mentioned below.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
d) In the right column, you will find key Device, change the value to your Printer name.
e) It is of the format for example: "HP LaserJet 4250 PCL6, winspool, Ne03:".
f) Right click on the value and click on Rename, change it to your printer name.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.