Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Color Laserjet MFP M479fdw

Hello to all,

Two weeks ago, i installed an HP Color Laserjet MFP M479fdw to seven computers with Windows 10, using TCP/IP settings without WSD ports. After each installation on every PC, i printed a test page, and verified the connection.

Today, one of my users complained that he cannot print, so I investigated the problem and found the following strange to me situation.

One of the computers is able to print normally.

At least two computers have the following behavior.

1. When printing a test page the queue displays that printing for a short period and after that disappears as would expected.

2. The printer displays on LCD panel the message "Printing..." for a short period.

3. No paper printing or any other message from the printer.

Any ideas about why printer says "Printing.." with no other reaction would be appreciated.

Tnanks in advance

Stathis Alexopoulos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are well, if the printer is able to print from other computers and only on one or two computers shows this behavior, normally its a driver related issue. 

In the computer that shows the issue, its better to swap the printer driver for an Universal PostScript, download the universal driver from HP.com/go/upd, get the PostScript version, then by using the control panel > view devices and printers > right click over the printer icon to get to the printer properties, and using the Advanced tab, click on new driver, this wizard may guide you to get the new driver. Then test the printing functionality.

if its still failing, its better to uninstall and reinstall the printer.

Hope it helps,

I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are well, if the printer is able to print from other computers and only on one or two computers shows this behavior, normally its a driver related issue. 

In the computer that shows the issue, its better to swap the printer driver for an Universal PostScript, download the universal driver from HP.com/go/upd, get the PostScript version, then by using the control panel > view devices and printers > right click over the printer icon to get to the printer properties, and using the Advanced tab, click on new driver, this wizard may guide you to get the new driver. Then test the printing functionality.

if its still failing, its better to uninstall and reinstall the printer.

Hope it helps,

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.