Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
envy 5052

When I start the computer, it will print locally with no issues. As soon as I open an external document from work it will not print. It shows the printer going offline and I can no longer print local documents or the external document. Once I close my connection to the work server it will once again print locally correctly.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@Shellzster, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Try these steps to re-install the printer driver - 

1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".

2. Look for HP Printer software.

3. Right-click to uninstall.

4. In the search box, type, and open “Devices and Printers”.

5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.

6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).

8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.

9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.

10. Select Ok.

11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.

12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.

13. Restart the computer.

14. Download and install the software and drivers from here.

15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.  

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

HP  printer   2620   off  line

HP Recommended

Hi@haggis25,

Check the printer status

• Make sure the printer is selected as the Default
  • Check if the ‘Pause Printing’ or ‘Use Printer Offline sections have been selected
  • undefined

If you’re using Windows 10, it’s worth checking for the latest Microsoft update. On 12th April they released an update to improve the discoverability of printers when they resume from sleep mode. This update can help prevent occurrences of your printer going offline, especially for wireless connections

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3147458

Try resetting the printer & checking the connection status (details in Step3 of the link below)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249080

The HP Print and Scan Doctor is a useful tool to diagnose and resolve printing problems

There are other tips in the link below (such as making sure the correct port is selected and creating a manual IP address connection)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249080

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.