Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I am trying to reconnect my Deskjet 3632 to WiFI. 

After the WiFi password is entered I am getting a popup asking for the custom password for the printer.

I don't recall ever creating a custom password.

I have tried all of the suggested actions, there is no PIN number etc.

How can I reset the custom password?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Leeg1971,

Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing issues with your HP Printer wherein it asks for custom password.

Please follow the steps in this document.

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day ahead.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi there. 
Thanks for taking time to try an assist with my issue. 
Unfortunately you resolve was to find the wireless password, which I already have. 
I can get the printer connected to my router but it has no internet connection. 
The next step after I input the wireless password into the setup is a prompt that a custom password has been set on the printer. 
I am also not able to access the EWS as the default admin login does not work, stating that there is a custom password. 
I have never set a custom password for anything to do with this printer and it has been connected for the past 6 years until I had a change of router. 
I need assistance accessing the EWS. 
Thanks 

HP Recommended

Hi @Leeg1971,

You may follow the steps listed below to restore the printer to its network defaults and then reconnect it to the network.

Step 1: Restore the printer to its network defaults.
Press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button (X) from the printer control panel together for three seconds.

Step 2: Reconnect the Printer to the network:
1. Press and hold the wireless button on the printer for more than least three seconds to start the WPS Push Button method. 
2. Press the WPS button on your router.
NOTE: The product begins a timer for approximately two minutes while a wireless connection is established. If the printer connects successfully, the light next to the Wireless button glows steady blue.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Again, thank you for trying to assist but this does not solve the issue.

I am already able to connect the printer to my router but on the printed printer information page it states the printer is not connected to the internet (although it is connected to the router).

it’s the next step, AFTER the printer is already connected to the router than it then asks for the custom passpord.

Likewise if I enter the printers IP address into my browser I am able to enter the EWS to look at any of the settings it wants the user and password, which is not any of the normal HP default admin passwords, for some reason it is stating the password has been changed.

Thanks 

HP Recommended

Hi @Leeg1971,

This issue might require one on one interaction over the phone to fix it.

I've sent you a private message with the steps to talk to HP Support. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Take care and have a great day ahead! 

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.