Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP 9015e Wireless

This is the question that was asked originally by another member, it is the same issue that I currently am having;

My printer is stuck with a full blue bar from an update.  I attempted the following:

Turn it off and back on after a couple of minutes

Turn off the power, unplug for a couple of minutes, turn on the power back on

I downloaded the troubleshooter and it cannot connect to the printer

I wired a network cable directly from the computer into the printer and reran troubleshhoot and it could not connect

An error message saying to contact HP 

Is there a way to factory reset the printer without getting to the menu screen?

Any ideas as of what to do next?

This was the reply to that person’s question, which is the same as mine;

Resetting the printer can help restore a connection to the computer.

If the printer is off, turn on the printer, and then check the status of the printer.
If the printer starts printing jobs from the print queue, your printer is clearing out queued print jobs and is online. You can stop troubleshooting.
If the printer goes to an idle state after its startup routine, it might be online.
If the computer still shows the printer as offline, continue using these steps.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
Unplug the printer power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 60 seconds. Restart the computer while you are waiting.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
Make sure the printer is connected to the computer or the network.

** I have done all of the above ^^ already…

I’m wondering if I can get the below steps.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps, try performing a semi-full reset on your printer and check if it helps.

Since the steps to perform a semi-full reset is confidential. I will send you the steps in a private message.

Please watch your inbox for your more information.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Aabramow

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the communities page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Aabramow 

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

If your printer is still stuck in firmware update loop, kindly perform a printer power cycle to check if could exit from the loop .

Understand you have tried to power cycle the unit before. please try it again and see if it help this time round. 

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox  for the private message.  Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

If you feel my post solved your issue, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" .

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.