Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet MFP M283fdw
iOS

My IMAC and IPHONE connected fine on previous wifi supplier. I have installed a wifi extender system around the house which has a new wifi address. Air printer will no longer connect. I have tried adding new wifi address which it recognises but still says offline.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Charles171

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What's the make and model of your WiFi router?  
  • Do you have any antivirus software installed on your iOS?  
  • Do you have a guest network enabled on your WiFi router?  
  • Approximately how far is the printer located from the WiFi router?  

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

The routers are probably not configured in bridge mode.  He likely has double NAT issue which means multiple routers are handing out IP addresses and causes a conflict. Bridge mode means the router acts as purely an access point and not a router. The issue is most likely when the customer uses his computer in one location it can print but not in another location.  

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202056 

This document shows how to set up the network. We can provide the document but he will need to contact Apple support for troubleshooting.   

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.