Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

My hp printer is on the same WiFi as my Chromebook. I can print  everything I ask for apart from Google Docs. My Chromebook says it is printing and has printed but the printer only sends out blank sheets of paper.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Eljay53,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your printer that prints blank pages.

A) Please follow the steps below to perform a power drain.

1) Take out the cartridges

2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.

3) Press and hold the power button down for 15 seconds and release the power button, wait for about 30 seconds.

4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not into a surge protector.

5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Remove the cartridges > Unplug the power cord > Wait for 30 seconds > Plug the power cord back in > Insert the cartridges

B) Kindly refer to the steps on this link to update the printer firmware and let me know if that resolves the issue.

C) If the issue still persists, please follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the printer software.

1) Uninstall the HP smart app by click on this link, Restart the computer or mobile device to clear possible error conditions.

2) Refer to this link to use the HP smart app on your phone/tablet/PC to add a printer.

Note: Enable Bluetooth for an HP Smart app setup: Enable Bluetooth on your computer or mobile device so that HP Smart can detect the printer during the setup.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello, thankyou for replying. I will try what you suggest later today but not sure whether it will work as it only sends out blank paper when Zi use Google Chrome , it will print everything else as normal. I'll let you know how I get on. 

Thank you v much for replying 

HP Recommended

Hi @Eljay53,

Perform the above shared troubleshooting steps ar your convenience and let me know if that resolves the issue.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I tried all the solutions you sent to no avail. The xxxxxxx printer will print everything  except  anything I want printed on Google documents. Just sends through blank paper although my Chromebook it tells me it is printing and has printed.

HP Recommended

Hi @Eljay53,

I am sorry to hear that the above steps did not help much but i do appreciate your efforts in performing the troubleshooting steps.

Please follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall the printer software to fix the issue.

1) Uninstall the HP smart app by click on this link, Restart the computer or mobile device to clear possible error conditions.

2) Refer to this link to use the HP smart app on your phone/tablet/PC to add a printer.

Note: Enable Bluetooth for an HP Smart app setup: Enable Bluetooth on your computer or mobile device so that HP Smart can detect the printer during the setup.

I hope this helps.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still no good. No idea what to do now, it's only  Google Documents that won't print, everything else is fine. My Chromebook says it's printing and that is has finished sprinting, the print jobs show as printed, but just blank sheets. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Eljay53,

I see that even after performing all the possible troubleshooting, you still continue to have issues while only printing from google documents.

Which is not an issue with the printer as you are able to print all other documents without any issues.

Please get in touch with the google support team to assist you further.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.