Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 4155e

I recently bought a HP DeskJet 4155e printer and connected it to my mesh WiFi network provided by Eero 6 Pro. 

the problem I’m having is the printer has been unsuccessful in reconnecting to the internet any time I turn it on. Printing the wireless information indicates it’s not connected to the internet, but sees multiple WiFi under the same name. It seems to think every access point is a separate router. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Swong48,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It appears that your HP DeskJet 4155e printer is having trouble connecting to your mesh WiFi network provided by Error 6 Pro. Here are steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Forget and Reconnect to WiFi:

• On the printer's control panel, navigate to the wireless settings or setup menu.
  • Find the option to forget the current WiFi network or reset network settings.
  • Reconnect to your WiFi network by selecting it from the list and entering the correct password.

Update Firmware:

• Check if there are any firmware updates available for your HP DeskJet 4155e printer on the official HP website.
  • If updates are available, follow the instructions provided to update the firmware.

Check WiFi Settings on the Printer:

• Ensure that the printer is set to connect to the correct WiFi network.
  • Verify that the WiFi password entered on the printer matches the actual password for your network.

Separate WiFi Networks:

• If your mesh WiFi network broadcasts multiple access points with the same name, try separating the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks into distinct names.
  • Connect your printer to one specific frequency, either 2.4GHz or 5GHz, and ensure it is consistent with your network settings.

Restart the Printer and Router:

• Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power source.
  • Restart your mesh WiFi router by unplugging it and then plugging it back in after a minute.
  • Power on the printer and attempt to reconnect to the WiFi network.

Static IP Address:

• Assign a static IP address to your printer through your router settings. This ensures that the printer always gets the same IP address when connecting to the network.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.-

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.