Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So printing from my laptop has always been a nightmare. Sometimes it works - most of the time it just doesn't. Today i deleted everything HP related and went to reinstall the driver. During the setup it asks for the IP address and all that but can't find the printer. Contacting HP support they basically tell me nothing they can do HP DOESN'T SUPPORT MESH NETWORKS!!!

How is that possible in this day and age where millions of people have mesh networks in their homes? Is it really true that anyone that has a mesh network their HP printer is now completely useless? I have a hard time believing that HP wouldn't be able to support something this ubiquitous and rather simple.

Anyone have success in setting up their home mesh so they can use their HP printer? I'm using Smartthings mesh with Plume as the underlying mesh network.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DaveInPA, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The printer has to be connected directly to the wireless modem/router. It may not work when connected to any type of extenders. You may have to contact your internet service provider to check the configuration and connect the printer on the network.

The routers are probably not configured in bridge mode.  This likely is a double NAT issue which means multiple routers are handing out IP addresses and causes a conflict. Bridge mode means the router acts as purely an access point and not a router. 

For more info, refer to this document from Apple.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.