Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Envy 4504
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Printer won't connect to wifi. It worked just fine with cox. Switched to spectrum and now it won't work.  Using a netgear router.  I went through every trouble shooting step through HP and it won't work.  I tried to get a HUMAN on the phone, but I can't get one!  Ugh, so frustrating!!  Printer works great except for wifi printing.  Won't connect to  iMac computer or our Microsoft computer or our phones.  We have to plug directly from printer into computer to print anything, which is very difficult with everyone working and schooling from home.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @jyhelp,

I'd like to help!

To better assist -

1.  I would like to know, is your router set to work on 2.4 GHz network or 5 GHz network band?
  2. What is the error you receive when you try an connect the printer

To connect the printer -

1.Press the Wireless button from the printer control panel, and then select Settings.

2. Scroll to select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then press OK.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the wireless connection.

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thanks!

Router is set to work on both 2.4 and 5.

Our older HP printer connected no problem and is currently connected to 2.4.

The error says:

Invalid wireless password

However, we have followed set up wizard several times to ensure no password errors, but it still doesn't work.  It connected first time, no problem, with the older HP printer.  It doesn't print well, so we can't use it, but wanted to see if it would connect to figure out if it is all printers having the same issue.  

We have followed the set up instructions listed below several times with no luck.

We would appreciate any help you can provide!

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Do you have a USB cable to connect between the printer and the computer?

Are you able to connect to the printer network(WiFi -Direct)?

Refer to - Printing with Wi-Fi Direct

Let me know!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.