Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Envy 5055
Other

I have attempted several times to change the Eprint email address assigned to my Envy 5055 printer. I get an error message every time telling me to please use a valid email. address. Please advise. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Wiggtown, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Sign in to your HP account to change your printer email address.

1. Sign in to HP Smart, and then click the Account icon  at the top of the webpage.

2. Select Settings, and then scroll down to Account information.

3. Select the Edit icon next to Primary email address.

Clicking the Edit icon

4. Change the email address, and then click Save.

5. Repeat these steps to change the Username, if necessary.

If you still have issues, try these steps to re-enable the web-services -

Step 1 Remove the Web-Services -

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, touch ( HP ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings).

2. Touch Remove Web Services.

Reboot the devices.

Step 2 Enable the Web-Services -

1. From the top of the screen, touch or swipe down the tab to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).

2. Touch Web Services Setup .

3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services.

4. On the screen that appears, touch OK to allow the printer to automatically check for product updates.

5. If the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select one of the options.

6. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply but my question is referring to an issue that I am having changing the printer email address 

HP Recommended

@Wiggtown, I understand your concern.

Use your HP account to change your HP ePrint email address.

1. Sign in to HP Smart.

If you have not set up an HP account, go to Set Up an HP Smart Website Account.

2. Select your printer, if necessary.

3. Scroll down to the ePrint settings, and then click ePrint Address, if necessary.

4. Type the address you want use, and then click Submit.

Clicking Submit to change an HP ePrint email address

5. If the address is not available, type a different address, and then click Submit.

6. Inform any other users of the new HP ePrint email address.

For more information, go to Manage HP ePrint Access for Additional Users.

Hope this answers your query! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same issue as Wiggtown and tried the suggested procedure but unfortunately the web page doesn't seem to work properly. 

I logged into the HP smart website, selected my printer, scrolled down, inputted a new email address and clicked 'Save'. The web page said that the email already existed, the page refreshed and found myself logged off. I logged in again and inputed a completely random email address, the error came up and logged me off again. I've been trying to change the email address for months now and it never works. Probably tried 50 times. I've even contacted the support via What's App but the couldn't help. It's frustrating.

Could you help us with that?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.