Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
CP1525

I have problem connecting my Laser Jet CP1525nw printer to a new router. The router is the NBN smart modem Gen 2 provided by Australia Telstra

I had no problem connecting to the network previously with my old router. 

I've tried trick like this one but still with no luck.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Unable-to-connect-laserjet-CP1525nw-with-new-router/...

I have also reset network setting to default and reset things from the beginning.... still no luck

I've tried contacting my ISP but they weren't helpful either.

Can someone please help me!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

What exact behavior occurs when you try to connect the printer?

There are many possible causes that will cause different errors, e.g you are not able to see the printer, any security or mac Filtering error, there are many possible causes so please provide some more information about the error to get some better understanding.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Let me go thru what I've done...

I've connected the printer to my router with an Ethernet cable. Got the IP address of the printer.

I used that IP address to access the setup page of the printer on my computer. My Wi-Fi network does show up on the "Wireless Configuration" section. I selected my Wi-Fi network, put in my password. Clicked apply. Unplug Ethernet cable. Blue wireless light on printer just kept flashing. I clicked on the apply button again on the setup page, after unplugging the cable, came back with a "HTTP 0" message.

I have deactivated the ipv6 on printer as suggested by some posters in the forum.

On my router, I have made sure the 24ghz channel is not the same name as the 5g one. And disabled the auto steering. Once again, as suggested by some other posters in this forum.

Hopefully I've explained it clearly....

HP Recommended

Yes, you explained it perfectly fine indeed!

From the Setup menu of the printer please select Network Settings, click on Wireless Settings, and then on Run Wireless Test. May the report indicate any specific warning or attention?

I'm finding some hard time finding any documentation about your router, contacting your service provider might be a good idea, as they are aware of their router capabilities and limitations.

On the matter of security, I would ensure that WPA/WPA2 is enabled, in case the router supports WPA3 it is not supported by such an older model.

Also, do you have a single router from them and not any additional WiFi boosters? from their description to the Smart Wi-Fi feature it seems like any kind of SON or Mesh technology which might prevent a wireless connection for the printer:

https://www.telstra.com.au/internet/extras/wifi-extender

Also, I would make sure your printer firmware is up to date with a temporary Ethernet connection:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL34888/lj-86473-11/CP1520_Series_FW_Update-20140616.exe

As well, I suggest verifying your router is fully up to date with its latest firmware.

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.