Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Pro 6458
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was forced to replace my modem by Comcast and now I can not get my HP Envy Pro 6458 printer on line.  I do not have an usb cable and don't know what to do.  When I first installed this printer I was able to talk to technical support and they were able to eventually resolve the issue.  I no longer see a phone number for technical support.  Very frustrated!!! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @flatfisher,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are unable to connect the printer to a new Wi-Fi

Try the below suggestions

Use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on your router to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.

1. Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router.

2. Put the printer in WPS connection mode.

• Most printers without a touchscreen control panel: Press and hold the Wireless button  for five seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash.

• HP Deskjet 6000 and 6400, ENVY 6000 and 6400, and Tango printers: Press and hold the Wi-Fi button  and the Power button on the back of the printer for five seconds until the blue bar flashes.

3. Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button  on the router until the connection process begins.

4. Wait for the Wireless light or bar on the printer to stop flashing. The printer is now connected to the network.

Or Connect the printer using the HP Smart app

Restore the printer to the default network settings, and then use HP Smart to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network.

Restore network default settings on the printer

• Most printers with a touchscreen: From the Wireless  or Setup  menu, select Network setup or Settings, and then select Restore Network Settings.

• Most inkjet printers without a touchscreen: Press and hold the Wireless  and Cancel  buttons until the Power button flashes, and then wait for the Wireless light to flash.

• Most Laser printers without a touchscreen or control panel menu: Press and hold the Wireless button until the Attention  and Power lights flash, or press and hold the Wireless  and Cancel  buttons until the Wireless light flashes (Laser NS, Neverstop). The printer might restart.

• Most LaserJet printers without a touchscreen: Press and hold the Wireless button  until the Attention light  flashes, and then wait for the Wireless light to flash.

• Envy 6000, 6000e, 6400e, ENVY Pro 6400, DeskJet Plus IA 6000, 6400, and Tango printers: Press and hold the Wireless button  on the back of the printer for five seconds until the Status light flashes (blue or purple depending on the model).

Go to Restore Wi-Fi setup mode on your HP printer for additional information and button presses for more printer models.

Install HP Smart

Install the HP Smart app on your computer or mobile device.

Do the following if you are setting up the printer on a Wi-Fi network.

• Place the printer and the computer or mobile device near the Wi-Fi router.

• Turn on Wi-Fi on your computer or mobile device and connect to your network. If the computer is connected to the network with an Ethernet cable, temporarily disconnect the cable and use the Wi-Fi connection during the setup.

• Enable Bluetooth on the computer or mobile device so that HP Smart can detect the printer during the setup.

• After installing HP Smart for iOS and Android, enable the mobile device location service and allow the app to use your location to detect the printer and offer solutions during setup.

1. Download the HP Smart app from 123.hp.com (Android, Apple iOS, iPadOS), HP Smart - Microsoft Store (Windows), or HP Smart - Mac App Store (macOS).

If you are prompted to sign in with Microsoft to use the app across devices, you can sign in or click No, thanks to continue.​

NOTE: 

Disconnect from a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection before downloading.

2. If you are setting up HP Smart for the first time, you must create or sign in to an HP account to access all printer functions.

3. In HP Smart, click Add Printer or the plus sign  to search for the printer, and then follow the instructions to complete the setup.

You may refer to -Wi-Fi connection is lost after a router or network settings change

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.