Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2600
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

HI,

i have recently changed my wifi to a dual band and am having trouble connecting my printer; it simply does not find the wifi.  

I've printed all instructions via the printer, but none work.  I tried using the wps button on the router and the wireless button on the printer to let them find each other and that's not working either.  My router does not have anywhere to enter a wps pin, so that's not an option. 

I have also tried connecting via a usb cable but nothing happened. 

The only way I am able to print is by using HP direct - but, no luck whatsoever with any of the instructions I can print from the printer directly. All has been tried. 

I do hope you can help me fix this!

Thanks in advance,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Mrslarryc,

I'd like to help!

Make sure your printer and computer are connected to the 2.4GHz network.

Please try the steps below to connect your printer to the network.-

● Press the Wireless button ((i)) and the Cancel button (X) from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

-->On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button and the Resume button together for three seconds. (When Wi-Fi Direct is turned on, the Wi-Fi Direct icon on the display stays on) 

--->On your computer or phone go to wifi and connect it to your printer

--->Select your printer with DIRECT in the name from the list of available networks (example: DIRECT-74-HP Deskjet2600).

--->Select the Wi-Fi Direct printer signal in Wi-Fi settings

--->If prompted for a password, type 12345678. This is the default password to log in.

--->Now open a browser and type 192.168.223.1

--->you will be able to access the printer's EWS page

--->on the page, you will find network - click on it

--->go to wireless and select wireless setup wizard

--->now select the network that you want your printer to connect to and type in the password

--->the printer will have solid blue light if it's connected

--->then connect your phone back to your network

You may also refer to - No Connection after Router or Wi-Fi Settings Change

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I spoke to HP support who helped me out with the solution and updated my status message to SOLVED.  

Thanks,

HP Recommended

That's great! 

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.