Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank Plus 551
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was printing fine and then all of a sudden everything disconnected and the printer went offline. No one at HP has been able to help me and the whatsapp messages are usless and tiring. I have been able to print using the USB and just now, the E3 message has come up and it won't work at all. I hve cleared everything out and there is nothing stopping the print. Please help. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Goughy27,

I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions-

Clear jammed paper from the printer

Paper jams can occur in multiple areas of the printer. If you cannot find the paper jam in one area, continue to the next area until the jam is located.

1. Clear jammed paper from the input tray
  2. Clear jammed paper from the output tray area
  3. Clear jammed paper from inside the printer
  4. Clear jammed paper from underneath the printer

Plug the printer directly into a wall outlet

Plug the printer directly into a wall outlet to make sure the power source is functioning correctly.

1. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from any power strips or surge suppressors.

3. Plug the power cord directly into an electrical outlet.

4. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

5. Turn on the printer.

Reset the printer

Resetting the printer can clear carriage jam errors.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: 

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.\

If the issue persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.