Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Chrome OS

Printing from Chromebook been fine for a couple of years, now all of a sudden, can't print. Have tried everything, wifi connections enabled/working for both printer & Chromebook.  So went back reconnected the HP printer to wifi, now trying to add my printer to Chromebook but under Select Printer settings:

Under “Available printers to save,” my printer is shown & I selected SAVE but get the following message:

HP OfficeJet 3830 series [...........] is no longer available.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AC07

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Update the Chromebook to the most current version of Chrome OS.

2. Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer.

3. Connect the printer to the Chromebook.

• USB printer connection: Connect the USB cable to the printer and Chromebook.

• Wireless printer connection: Depending on your printer, use the Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to connect to a wireless network.

• Printers with a control panel menu , open the SetupNetwork, or Wireless menu, select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the instructions to connect the printer to the network.

• Printers without a control panel menu , press and hold the Wireless button for five seconds. For HP DeskJet 6000 and 6400, ENVY 6000 and 6400, and Tango printers, press and hold the Wireless and the Power buttons on the rear of the printer for five seconds.

Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the router until the connection process begins. The Wireless light or blue bar on the printer stops flashing when the connection completes.

4. On the Chromebook, click the clock in the bottom right corner, and then click the Settings icon .

5. Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and then click Advanced.

6. Under Printing, click Printers > Add Printer.

• If your printer displays, select it, and then click Add.

• If your printer does not display, click Add Manually, and then follow the instructions. For more information, go to Chromebook Help - Set up your printer (in English).

Clicking Add

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The problem occurs during Item 6, see comments below

Under Printing, click Printers > Add Printer.  DONE

• If your printer displays, select it, and then click Add.  Shows SAVE, click on it, get a message "HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer is no longer available."  So tried to add printer manually but the IP address for printer says is not correct  But It matches address on HP printer settings.  Very confused.

•  

• If your printer does not display, click Add Manually, and then follow the instructions. 

HP Recommended

@AC07

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.