Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14 Noteboo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed a new Belkin RT1800 router and now my HP Photosmart D110 All-in-one will not recognize or accept the password for the WPA when I use the wireless setup wizard.  In the wireless network test I am getting a  "fail" status under the security diagnostic summary.  I did not have problem with the wireless connection with my previous Belkin N600 router.  Can anyone assist me with this?

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hi @ydrose,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are unable to connect to the network.

To assist better -

1. What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking?
  2.  I would like to know, is your router set to work on 2.4 GHz network or 5 GHz network band?
  3. Is there antivirus software installed on your computer?

Follow these steps to print a wireless test page

1. Touch the button () next to the Setup icon () in the lower-left corner of the HP product control panel. The Setup menu displays.

2. Touch the Right Arrow button () to scroll through the options and select Wireless, and then touch OK. The Wireless menu displays.

3. Touch the Right Arrow button () to scroll through the options and select Wireless Settings, and then touch OK. The Wireless Settings menu displays.

4. Touch the Right Arrow button () to scroll through the options and select Print Wireless test page, and then touch OK.

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thanks for your assistance.  The printer wireless light is blinking and the router is set to work on the 2.4 GHz network but both are available and my PC uses McAfee antivirus software.

HP Recommended

Thank you for getting back to me.

Could you share wireless test report?

Do you have a USB cable to connect between the printer and computer?

Let me know!

HP Recommended

Diagnostics summary - Wireless on, wireless working and network name(SSID) all passed.  Security failed.

Printer settings consistent with wireless router settings, no filtering, connected all says "not run".  Other networks detected matching my network name says no.

HP Recommended

A USB cable did not come with the printer and never had to use one.

HP Recommended

What is the encryption typeset on your router (WPA,WPA2,WPA3)?

Could you please check your router settings?

Let me know!

HP Recommended

Router setting is WPA2 Personal.

HP Recommended

Try the below suggestions -

• Check your router settings. Some advanced router settings may be incompatible with your printer.
  •  
    • To access your router’s settings, open a web browser, type in the router’s IP address, and press Return. See the documentation that came with your router for the router’s default IP address. If you haven’t changed the router’s username and password from the default, see the documentation that came with your router. Many times the default username is admin and the password is password.

Check the following settings for your router: These settings might be listed under a section called "Wireless" or "Security"; however every router is different so consult your router documentation or manufacturer for specific details.

• MAC Address Filtering – If MAC address filtering is enabled, follow these instructions.
      • 802.11n only mode – If 802.11n only mode is selected, change to a setting that includes (at least) 802.11g. Other modes may be present, but ensure that 802.11g is among them.
      • 5GHz only mode – HP printers can connect to the 2.4GHz frequency band but not the 5GHz frequency band. If you have a dual band router you must provide a 2.4GHz frequency for the printer to connect to.
      • Channel – By default most routers have the channel selection set to Auto which allows the router to select the channel. Print the Network Configuration Page available on your HP printer. The last page will show networks detected in your area and which channels they are using. It’s best to use a channel least used by other networks and is at least 5 channels from the nearest channel. Channels 1, 6 and 11 are usually good choices. Manually set the channel on your router to the best channel.
      • Wireless Isolation – If enabled, this setting will keep wireless devices from communicating with each other over the network. Disable this setting and try again.
      • DHCP – If DHCP is disabled, the printer will not be able to acquire an IP address which is required for the printer to communicate over the network. Enable the DHCP setting and try again.
      • Guest mode – if your wireless router provides a Guest connection, make sure that neither the printer nor the computer is connected as a Guest. Devices connected to the Guest connection are isolated from other devices.

You may also want to check for any firmware updates to your router. Consult your router documentation or manufacturer for details on how to do this.

If your new router was provided to you by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), you may need to take special steps to connect your printer. Follow these instructions.

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Under the router settings there is no Mac address filtering, I do not see an option in the settings for the 802.11n or g, the network is set for 2.4GHz, the channel is auto set to 5.  There is no "wireless isolation" option, DHCP is enabled and no guest mode setting.  Like I mentioned in the first post, the 2.4GHz is showing up on the printer wireless setup wizard but just will not accept the WPA passphrase.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.