Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I moved across town and I'm trying to re-connect my HP photosmart C4750 back up (it was working fine before the move). I'm using the same internet provider, same computer, but different wireless router and modem. It seems the help I've been finding so far leads to a dead-end. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your router brand and model? does it support WPS Mode?

Else, you would need to reconfigure the printer from your computer, what operating system do you have on your PC?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have a tp-link system that I believe supports WPS Mode.

I'm running Windows 10 on my computer

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying.

Check page 5 of its user guide below for steps to connect the printer using WPS, either Push Button or PIN, as supported by your router:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01705962

Please consult your router documentation for using WPS with the router, if there is any dedicated button or within the router interface web page.

Please let me know if you experience any difficulties,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I tried the WPS feature through my tp-link app and clicking the WPS feature on my printer, but when I do it comes back with an error.

I read another post on the HP site (that was talking about a different printer) that had issues if your network has both 2.4GHz and 5 GHz. At least in that printers case it wouldn't work unless the 2.4 & 5 were split on to two different networks. Could that be my problem?

HP Recommended

That might cause a problem, separating the wireless band may likely  help, please give it a try and check, also make sure that your wireless security setting is not set to WPA3 which is not supported by the printer.

You may also try installing the HP Software by selecting a wireless connection, you will be prompt to temporarily connect a USB cable during the setup to connect the printer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL28119/mp-109702-3/PS_AIO_06_C4700_140_408-5.exe

Please let me know if that works,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I don't know if I can locate that cable (haven't used it in years - and just moved so it would be packed somewhere). If I did find that cable, would that solve the problem if it were connected directly (wired) to my computer and eliminate the need for wifi?

It's sitting a couple feet from my computer, so if that would work, wifi wouldn't really be needed.

And I wouldn't need to go about trying to spit the wireless band (that I don't even know how to do).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.