Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Envy 6255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I sign onto my HP account and try to Add Printer, I get an invalid claim code message.  I would like to change the email address to something shorter and easier to remember.

Possibly related - I can send through email to my printer if I use Outlook or gmail.  However, I can't send from Yahoo or AOL.  Yahoo bounces it back, AOL just doesn't print.

Things I've tried:

Regenerated Claim Code

Typed in lower caser, typed in upper case

Restarted printer and PC, restarted Samsung phone and Kindle

Removed and then enabled Web Services

Restored Factory Defaults

Was shuffled around HP Support for over 2 hours.  9 people told me they had to transfer me to another department - or call a different phone number.  Only 1 agent even attempted to troubleshoot, the other 8 tried to get me to buy into the instant ink program before transferring.

I've had this printer for about 2 weeks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Daisy59,

I'd like to help!

Some email account service providers, such as Google or Yahoo, block access by third-party apps for security reasons. To allow the scan to email feature access to your email account, go to your email account service provider for detailed steps.

NOTE: 

If you turned on two-step authentication, you must create an application password for the scan to email feature to access to your email account. See your email account provider for more information.

• Yahoo: Go to Ways to securely access Yahoo Mail (in English), and then follow the on-screen instructions.

• Other email accounts: From a trusted device, sign in to your email account. Go to your account settings, search for authentication, SMTP, or security, and then follow the on-screen instructions to set-up access for the scan to email feature.

Refer to the document to change the ePrint address-Change Your HP ePrint Email Address

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I'm not sure you completely read my post.  When I follow the directions to change the eprint email address, it asks for a claim code.  When I enter the claim code, it tells me that it is invalid.  I have regenerated the code multiple times, disabled and restarted web services, went to factory defaults, typed code in upper case, typed it in lower case,   entered "0" and "O"  to make sure I wasn't confusing a zero for an o.  Each time I am asked for the claim code, each time I am told the code is invalid.

HP Recommended
  • The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.