Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5010 all in one Printer

I have purchased this printer during first lockdown so at the end of March or beginning of April but unfortunately I didn’t manage to look after the receipt as it was scary times for everyone duets no one knew how bad the COVID-19 was.

anyway I just managed to print about 20-30 pages and my so called great printer from HP has already given me problems and second cartridge was emptied due to one silly fault as the printer decided to print a totally black page instead of what I sent through by using the entire ink.

I tried to register my printer but the website is telling me it has expired.

so the BIG question is how can warranty expire in 6 months and why is HP website claiming my warranty started in September 2019 when I bought the printer in 2020 ?

ANYWAY HERE WHAT WILL HAPPEN I HAVE JUST STARTED MY OWN BUSINESS AND I AM ABOUT TO PURCHASE NUMBER IF LAPTOPS AND OTHER COMPUTING RELATED ITEMS BUT I WILL NEVER GO NEAR HP AGAIN BECAUSE GUESS WHAT I WILL ONLY MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE ONCE.

why would I spend 60 pounds for sake of printing 20 pages does HP really think consumers are stupid however saying that when my HP laptop failed from day 5 and slowed right down I should have learned my lesson but this time I did learn.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Jacob1453 

First:  I think you are asking about the discrepancy in the Warranty date.

Second:  You want to submit a case to HP for your printer.

Usually, when you first purchase the device and you register that device with HP, the action of registering the new device (printer) resets the Warranty from the original "preset" data (manufacture or when retailer scanned box).

Normally, the process to manually correct an invalid Warranty date is to submit a Warranty Dispute form along with purchase information.

When none of the corrections have been made (for any reason), the data can still be corrected.

I will submit a request for review, Warranty date correction, and help to submit a case.

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

References / Resources

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Warranty Check / Product Registration

• Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards

Register HP Product and Registration FAQ

• Check the Warranty on your product

Warranty Check – Single or Multiple Devices

NOTE:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

Warranty Dispute

Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.

HP Limited Warranty Statements (General Information)

Standard Warranty, that is, the warranty included with the device, typically covers hardware as explained in the Warranty document.  Optional Care Pack warranties differ by contract.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Jacob1453

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns and frustration

I will escalate your case to HP's regional escalation team

Please check your Inbox

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.