Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
LaserJet 100 color MFP M175nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been using a HP LaserJet 100 color MFP M175nw succesfully over my home WiFi network for a few months now. I had a Comcast (WiFi) outage yesterday and had to re-configure my cable-modem/WiFi-Router (combo unit - Motorola Surfboard SBG6580). I used a new SSID name and password when I reconfigured the modem/router.

I assumed that it should be simple enough to re-point my printer to the new SSID and provide the new password. I assumed wrong and I am unbale to get my printer back on to my WiFi network.

I was hoping to launch HP Device Toolbox via the USB connection and reset the SSID name and password but I am unable to connect to the printer to do this.

Any help is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @sp2014 ,

I see by your post that you had to reconfigure the router and now the printer won't connect back to the wireless network. I will certainly do my best to help you.

Restore the printer's network defaults.

• Touch the Setup button. (wrench)
  • Select Network Setup Menu.
  • Then select Restore Defaults.

Print out a configuration report to make sure the IPv4 address is 0.0.0.0 and the SSID is cleared.

Printing a Configuration Report. 

Follow these steps to setup the wireless again through Wireless Direct.
On the printer touch the setup button, (wrench) then select network setup menu, select wireless menu, select wireless direct and turn it on.

On the computer, in the bottom right corner click on the wireless icon and select the printer from the list to connect to.
Then open Internet Explorer and type in the IP address (192.168.223.1) for the printer in the address bar.
This will load the embedded web server for the printer.
Select the networking tab, wireless on the left hand side.
Fill out all your network information, select infrastructure, select your network name, put in password and type of encryption.
Apply settings.

Click on the wireless icon and connect back to your network name.

Print out a configuration report to make sure the IP address is valid. (192... or 10....)

Then run the Add Printer Wizard or reinstall the software again.

You can also setup the printer back up on the wireless network by first connecting by a Ethernet connection.

If you have a Ethernet cable, connect it from the printer to the router.

Wait about a minute, print the configuration page to see if you get a IP address.

Then type the IP address into Internet Explorer's address bar to bring up the printer's web page.

Fill out all your network information, select infrastructure, select your network name, put in password and type of encryption. Apply settings.

Then wait a minute to see if you get a wireless light on the printer, print the configuration page and check the IP address again. Then type the IP address into Internet Explorer's address bar to bring up the printer's web page.

Run the Add Printer Wizard or reinstall the software again.

Restore factory settings on the printer

Restoring the factory-set defaults returns most of the settings to the factory defaults. It will not reset the page count or tray size, but it might reset the language. To restore the product to the factory default settings, follow these steps.

1. On the product control panel, press the Setup button.

2. Use the arrows buttons to select the Service menu, and then press the OK button.

3. Use the arrows buttons to select the Restore Defaults item, and then press the OK button.

The product automatically restarts.

Connect the printer to wireless connection using the steps mentioned on page number 38 in this user guide:- User Guide Laserjet Pro 100 Color MFP M175

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @sp2014 ,

I see by your post that you had to reconfigure the router and now the printer won't connect back to the wireless network. I will certainly do my best to help you.

Restore the printer's network defaults.

• Touch the Setup button. (wrench)
  • Select Network Setup Menu.
  • Then select Restore Defaults.

Print out a configuration report to make sure the IPv4 address is 0.0.0.0 and the SSID is cleared.

Printing a Configuration Report. 

Follow these steps to setup the wireless again through Wireless Direct.
On the printer touch the setup button, (wrench) then select network setup menu, select wireless menu, select wireless direct and turn it on.

On the computer, in the bottom right corner click on the wireless icon and select the printer from the list to connect to.
Then open Internet Explorer and type in the IP address (192.168.223.1) for the printer in the address bar.
This will load the embedded web server for the printer.
Fill out all your network information, select infrastructure, select your network name, put in password and type of encryption.
Apply settings.

Click on the wireless icon and connect back to your network name.

Print out a configuration report to make sure the IP address is valid. (192... or 10....)

Then run the Add Printer Wizard or reinstall the software again.

You can also setup the printer back up on the wireless network by first connecting by a Ethernet connection.

If you have a Ethernet cable, connect it from the printer to the router.

Wait about a minute, print the configuration page to see if you get a IP address.

Then type the IP address into Internet Explorer's address bar to bring up the printer's web page.

Fill out all your network information, select infrastructure, select your network name, put in password and type of encryption. Apply settings.

Then wait a minute to see if you get a wireless light on the printer, print the configuration page and check the IP address again. Then type the IP address into Internet Explorer's address bar to bring up the printer's web page.

Run the Add Printer Wizard or reinstall the software again.

Restore factory settings on the printer

Restoring the factory-set defaults returns most of the settings to the factory defaults. It will not reset the page count or tray size, but it might reset the language. To restore the product to the factory default settings, follow these steps.

1. On the product control panel, press the Setup button.

2. Use the arrows buttons to select the Service menu, and then press the OK button.

3. Use the arrows buttons to select the Restore Defaults item, and then press the OK button.

The product automatically restarts.

Connect the printer to wireless connection using the steps mentioned on page number 38 in this user guide:- User Guide Laserjet Pro 100 Color MFP M175

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I try connect printer to router. First I tried do it using network cable but not successful. I added my SSID successful (Network Name (SSID) Found = Pass) in Wirless Network Test Report then I tried search device on computer but not found it.   Then read this post and try   connect directly to printer via direct wireless, but cant connect to embaded web (192.168.223.1) (browser blank screen). 

HP Recommended

HP mfp 100 175nw

Won't connect to network

HP Recommended

Finally!!! I did it!

This was the best tutorial, actually, the only one that made me get my wifi working again.

I had the same problem as @sp2014, and this solution was perfect.

But I could not access the printer configuration conecting it via wifi, at IP 192.168.223.1, it would not work. So I conected the printer direct to my computer using a network cable (RJ45) and used the IP 169.254.177.36 instead of the one indicated above.

Only that way I could access the "embedded web server for the printer", and I kept following the steps from there, exacctly as described and it worked perfectly again, after years!

Felipe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.