Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been using the printer with laptop for along time with no issue.  Now it won't print.  The laptop cannot find the printer. The wireless blue light in the bottom right corner of the printer is not on.  I have rebooted both the printer and computer.  I have reset the wireless connection on the printer to factory default and uninstalled the software for the printer on the laptop.  I reconnected the printer to the network and it connects but the blue light does not come back on.  I reinstalled the software on the laptop as well.  Let me know if you need more info.  Please help.

Nick

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@nberg99 Here's all you need to know and do, to resolve the issue:

• First, try restarting your computer, printer and wireless router.
  • Is your printer connected to your network? 

To check if your printer is connected to your network:

• Print a Wireless Network Test report from the printer control panel. On many printers pressing the Wireless button allows direct access to printing this report. Consult your manual for instructions.
    • On the Wireless Network Test report check the following:
      1. In the Diagnostic Results "Connectivity" area, is Connected indicated as PASS?
      2. If not, your printer is not connected to any network at this time. Ensure your wireless router is turned on and functioning properly.
      3. You may need to connect your printer to your network again. Follow these instructions
      4. Check any messages at the top of the report that can help you correct the problem, and follow the instructions shown.
      5. In the "Current Configuration" area, does the "Network Name (SSID)" match your network name?
      6. If your printer is not connected to your network, you will need to reconnect the printer to your network. Follow these instructions

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.