Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8625 e-All-in-One Printer

I can not connect to the 8620 wifi printer unless i disconnect my PC wifi.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @vballer,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're experiencing difficulty connecting your HP Officejet Pro 8625 printer to your Wi-Fi network while your PC's Wi-Fi is enabled, there could be a few reasons for this issue. Here's a step-by-step troubleshooting guide to help you resolve the problem.

• Check Wi-Fi Network Compatibility: Ensure that your HP Officejet Pro 8625 printer supports the Wi-Fi network type (e.g., 2.4GHz or 5GHz) and security settings (e.g., WPA2) of your router.
  • Restart Devices: Power off both your printer and PC, then turn them back on after a minute. Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Update Firmware/Drivers: Make sure your printer's firmware and your PC's printer drivers are up to date. You can usually find the latest updates on the HP website.
  • Placement of Devices: Ensure that the printer and your PC are within the range of your Wi-Fi router. Walls and other obstructions can weaken the Wi-Fi signal.
  • Check Wi-Fi Channel: There might be interference from other devices using the same Wi-Fi channel. Try changing the Wi-Fi channel on your router to see if it improves connectivity.
  • Reset Network Settings on Printer: Reset the network settings on your HP Officejet Pro 8625 printer and reconnect it to your Wi-Fi network. Refer to the printer's manual for instructions on how to do this.
  • Check for IP Address Conflicts: Ensure that there are no IP address conflicts between your printer and other devices on the network. Set a static IP address for your printer to avoid conflicts.
  • Update Router Firmware: Make sure your router's firmware is up to date. Check the manufacturer's website for any available updates.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the connectivity issue between your HP Officejet Pro 8625 printer and your PC's Wi-Fi network.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.