Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
hp laserjet 1536 dnf mfp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, I have a laserjet printer whose model is 1536 dnf mfp. I want to know if this printer can connect to my computer Windows 10 wirelessly. if so then, please explain how to connect wirelessly. I don't know how to connect it. please help me.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It has only Ethernet or USB.

If you connect with USB to a PC then the PC can share the printer on the network but only to PCs

To print from a smartphone the LJ must be attached to the router.  

You can use an ethernet cable or you can obtain a USB Wi-Fi print server

Note that USB print server ARE NOT PLUG AND PLAY.  They will require some experience setting up and I recommend reading reviews before buying one.

Another alternative to buying a long ethernet cable is this

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.