Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Ink Tank Wireless 410

How to know my admin password in HP smart app 

i forget my password

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @chkiran,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To remove the admin password on an HP Ink Tank Wireless 410 printer, you can try the following steps.

• Ensure that your printer is turned on and connected to your computer or a local network.
  • Open a web browser on your computer and enter the IP address of your printer in the address bar. The IP address can usually be found by navigating to the printer's settings menu or by printing a configuration page.
  • Press Enter or Return to access the printer's web interface.
  • If prompted, enter the current admin password. If you don't remember the password or it's not working, you may need to perform a factory reset on your printer. To do this, look for a small reset button on the printer (usually located near the power button) and press and hold it for a few seconds until the printer resets.
  • Once you're logged in to the printer's web interface, navigate to the Security or Administration section. The exact location of these settings may vary depending on the printer's firmware version.
  • Look for an option to change or remove the admin password. It might be labeled as "Password," "Security," or similar. Click on that option.
  • In the password settings, you should find an option to disable or remove the password. Select that option and confirm the action if prompted.
  • Save the changes and exit the web interface.
  • After following these steps, the admin password should be removed from your HP Ink Tank Wireless 410 printer. Remember to set a new password or enable security features if desired to protect your printer and its settings.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.