Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

can't get my printer out off offline mode

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @zoey36,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Having your HP printer stuck in offline mode can be frustrating, but there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

Check Printer Connections: Ensure that your printer is properly connected to your computer or network. If it's a wireless printer, make sure it's connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.

Restart Printer: Turn off your printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.

Restart Computer: Sometimes, the problem might be with your computer's connection to the printer. Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

Check Printer Status: On your computer, go to the Control Panel or System Preferences (depending on your operating system), then navigate to Devices and Printers (Windows) or Printers & Scanners (Mac). Check if the printer is listed and if it shows as offline. If it does, try setting it to online mode.

Set Printer Online (Windows):

• Go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
  • Right-click on your printer and select "See what's printing".
  • Click on the "Printer" menu and ensure that the "Use Printer Offline" option is unchecked. If it's checked, click on it to disable it.

Set Printer Online (Mac):

• Go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
  • Select your printer from the list on the left.
  • If there's a "Use Printer Offline" option, make sure it's unchecked.

Update Printer Driver: Outdated or corrupt printer drivers can sometimes cause connectivity issues. Visit the HP website, locate your printer model, and download the latest drivers for your operating system.

Check for Hardware Issues: Ensure that there are no hardware issues with your printer, such as paper jams, low ink/toner, or any error messages on the printer's display panel.

Reset Printer: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting your printer to its factory settings. Refer to your printer's manual or the HP website for instructions on how to do this.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the offline issue with your HP printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.