cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nwulff
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

A single past email message is embedded in every subsequent scan to email messages

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

No changes made to 8600 however,

I scanned a document to email and added a short message.  Now every time I scan a subsequent message to email to any other recipient that new email contains the original message.  When I select the message frame, the original message is there.  I delete it by back spacing and add a new message but the new message is still included.  Since I include my email address along with that of the intended recipient, I can see what the recipient is receiving.  How to clear that (stuck) message?

Stormin Norm

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
nwulff
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Correction: "...and add a new message, but the OLD message is still included."

0 Kudos
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,532
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@nwulff

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that while scanning to email initially, you added a short message to it. But later even after you delete that message, and add a new message, the previous message is included. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

I suggest you to reset the printer to its original factory condition. I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. 

NOTE: This reset will also disconnect the printer from the network (if connected) and you have to reconfigure it back.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation