Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

@emilyej

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that you would like to  learn how to setup HP's ePrint feature for your Officejet 8500.

If you have an Officejet Pro 8500 A909 series printer then it predates the ePrint feature.  If you have the wireless version of the printer (A909g) you may be able to use the HP ePrint app to print from a mobile device connected to the same wireless network as the printer.  I've included HP ePrint Mobile app FAQ document for reference.

If you have an Officejet Pro 8500a A910 series printer you should have the ePrint icon in the upper left hand corner on the front panel of the printer.  The icon looks like  this

ePrint icon.jpg

I've included the Getting the Printer Claim Code and Setting Up a Custom Email Address for ePrint documents to guide you through the process to setup ePrint.

@PhillipBnWC

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that you would like to learn how to setup the ePrint feature of your Photosmart 7520 printer.

First the printer needs to be connected to your wireless network before we can enable the web services to get your printer claim code.  You can easily do this from the front panel of the printer.  The instructions can be found in your User Guide on page 48 in the section titled "To connect the printer with the Wireless Setup Wizard".  

Now that the printer is setup on your wireless network we need to enable the web services.  You should be prompted to accept the terms of service when you first enable web services.  If a summary screen is displayed with an email address that you didn't create, please choose settings and disable the web services. That will allow us to start fresh.  Once you have enabled/re-enabled the web services an information sheet should print out with the claim code.

Once you have the claim code please use the Setting Up a Custom Email Address for ePrint document to customize the printer's email address.  You have now set up the ePrint feature for your Photosmart 7520.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.