Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

There is no attachment button. Why don't I copy and paste everything into a spoiler tag?

HP Recommended
Hmm, I'm not sure why you don't have a attachment option. If you can just copy and paste the entries starting from today, that would probably work.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
HP Recommended

The forum won't let me post the information. It's telling me to remove a line about "Update Driver Software Wizard," and I'm guessing you want all the information from today untouched.

HP Recommended
maybe try the Insert Code tag or you could screenshot as much of the end of the file as you can get.
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
HP Recommended

Hi Tylor,

There was a setting that was blocking your post due to filters we put up to block some spammers.  I'm sorry about the inconvenience and trouble this caused you.  Can you try to post your information again?  It should be allowed now.

Sorry again!

SunshineF

HP Recommended
Spoiler

[Boot Session: 2012/04/18 09:12:51.610]

>>> [Device Install (DiShowUpdateDevice) - PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_84131043&REV_03\4&CF85AA7&0&0010]
>>> Section start 2012/04/18 15:30:28.604
cmd: "C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe" C:\Windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
dvi: {DIF_UPDATEDRIVER_UI} 15:30:28.605
dvi: No class installer for 'Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller'
dvi: Default installer: Enter 15:30:28.609
dvi: Default installer: Exit
dvi: {DIF_UPDATEDRIVER_UI - exit(0xe000020e)} 15:30:28.612
ndv: {Update Driver Software Wizard for PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_84131043&REV_03\4&CF85AA7&0&0010}
ndv: {Update Driver Software Wizard exit(00000000)}
<<< Section end 2012/04/18 15:30:41.181
<<< [Exit status: SUCCESS]

>>> [Device Install (DiShowUpdateDevice) - PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_84131043&REV_03\4&CF85AA7&0&0010]
>>> Section start 2012/04/18 15:30:43.982
cmd: "C:\Windows\system32\mmc.exe" C:\Windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
dvi: {DIF_UPDATEDRIVER_UI} 15:30:43.984
dvi: No class installer for 'Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller'
dvi: Default installer: Enter 15:30:43.988
dvi: Default installer: Exit
dvi: {DIF_UPDATEDRIVER_UI - exit(0xe000020e)} 15:30:43.991
ndv: {Update Driver Software Wizard for PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_84131043&REV_03\4&CF85AA7&0&0010}
ndv: {Update Driver Software Wizard exit(00000000)}
<<< Section end 2012/04/18 15:31:35.614
<<< [Exit status: SUCCESS]

HP Recommended
So that is all of the output from today? Do you use an external usb hub at all?
HP Recommended

I just plugged the USB cord into one of the USB ports.

HP Recommended

I still can't get my printer to connect.

HP Recommended
Do you have another computer or a friends computer you can try connecting it to? Make sure to use the same USB cable. We need to try and figure out if it's the device, cable or the PC.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.