Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My computer is the only one in the house that has windows 7. I suppose I could try it on my sister's with vista, will it still work the same if it's on a different operating system?

HP Recommended
Yes, we're just wanting to connect it to see if the OS detects it. You can cancel any install. If the other PC can detect it, then there's a problem on the PC. If it can't, then it could be the USB cable or the device.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
HP Recommended

Well, it seems like this entire venture has been pointless. The entire time the USB cable was disconnected from the printer-side, even though I checked it when I first started having these problems and it was plugged in. Boy, do I feel stupid.

Thanks for your time anyway.

HP Recommended

No problem. Just glad you got it solved. Can you go ahead and mark this thread as solved to close it out? Thanks.

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
HP Recommended

my usb cable printer does'nt recognized by the computer.....which it's Window 7 ultimate

it is a HP Deskjet F2410 printer.......a software has already being installed...

but the usb ports recognized other devices like speakers, flash,logitech webcam.....

soo..... do ia have to repair my printer's usb cable....

HP Recommended

Cables can go bad. Have you tried another USB port on the computer. How long is the cable? Longer cables tend to be more problematic. Have you tried other USB cables? Have you tried other devices with the USB cable you use on the printer?

HP Recommended

I met this problem too. But i can see a yellow warning sign on the icon of my device when i enter device manager. What should I do?

HP Recommended

Do you have a usb hub(device with multiple usb ports) in between the computer and the printer or is the printer directly connected to the computer? If you right click on the device showing the yellow warning icon and look at the properties, what information does it give? You can try to right-click->uninstall on it and then reconnect it to see if that changes anything. The yellow warning can mean that the device is being detected incorrectly or it can mean that it couldn't find the correct driver to install it. Can you try another device with the usb cable and see if it is detected correctly? You can also try a different USB port.

HP Recommended

The printer was directly connected to te computer and the the information given at the properties site was the device is working properly

HP Recommended

i actually tried to use another usb cable but it still cannot be detected. 😞

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.